St. Clair County
Fox Pointe Fall and Winter Show Series 2023-2024
Join Us for our Fall Schooling Show ! October 28th, 2023 8am Start
Time & Location
St. Clair County, 7800 Dixie Hwy, Ira Township, MI 48023, USA
About the Event
2022-2023 In-Door Summer Horse Show
Classes and Divisions Offered:
- Very Green: Open to any horse or pony in their first year of showing. Offered at 2'3" without Oxers. This Division will consist of 1 hunter on the flat, and three over fences classes.
- Pony Divsion: Open to any pony (under 14.2 hands). Any age ride may ride in this divison however, no professionals. Offered at 2' and 2'3" without Oxers. This Division will consist of 1 hunter on the flat, and three over fences classes.
- Open Hunter: Open to nonprofessionals riders of any age. Course will consist of six to eight fences with oxers. 2'9"
- Advanced Equitation: Open to Nonprofessional riders of any age. You may not cross into any other equitation on the flat or over fences. 2'9"
- Limit Hunter: Open to nonprofessionals riders of any age. Course will consist of six to eight fences with oxers. 2'6"
- Intermediate Equitation: Open to nonprofessional riders of any age. You may not cross into any other equitation on the flat or over fences. 2'6"
- Low-2', School Horse 18" Hunter and Equitation: Course of six to eight fences set at 18", 2' or 2'3". Open to nonprofessionals riders of any age. Course will consist of six to eight fences without oxers. Each Division will consist of 5 classes;1 hunter on the flat, 2 hunter over fences classes, 1 equitation on the flat and 1 equitation over fences.
- Walk-Trot-Canter Pole Piles and Cross Pole(please specify if you are riding a school horse): Courses will consist of six to eight pole piles or cross poles. Flat classes will be Walk-Trot-Canter. Fences across the diagonals may be apart of these courses. School horse's will be put into their own cross pole division.
- Walk-Trot Pole Piles: Courses will consist of six to eight pole piles or cross poles. Flat classes will be Walk-Trot. Courses will be twice around the outside jumps lines or singles.
- Mini Medal and Limit Medal 2'6"-The class consists of two phases. The first phase is shown over a course of obstacles. The Judge will then select contestants to show over fences or to have a flat phase for the second phase. The same horse/pony to be shown by the same rider in both phases.
- Jumpers: 2 classes for each height will be offered. For Large horse Shows, Jumpers may go Friday evening at 7:30pm. Jumpers Offered at 2'3" and 2'6" and 3'.
- Lead Line: Riders will be askedto walk and halt on a lead line. They may beasked to demonstrate the two-point or be askeda simple question. Every rider must have a leader.
- OCTOBER 28th horse show Only: COSTUME CLASS- Prize awarded to top costume
Show Fee's and Pricing:
- Division Classes $15.00
- Jumper and Medal Classes $25.00
- Hunter Classic $30.00
- Overnight Stabling $80.00
- Day Stalls(very limited) $45.00
- Shavings $8.00/bag pre ordered only
- Non-Showing Fee $40.00
- Post Entry Fee:$35.00
- Office Fee: $10.00
- Full Camper Hook Up $35.00/night
- No EMT on site for horse shows
1. This is a formal schooling show. Formal dress is required. 2. Riders may compete in any two consecutive divisions. 3. Horses may compete in any divisions with different riders. 4. Boots and wraps will be permitted in all classes. 5. Martingales will be permitted in walk/trot, pole piles and all over fences classes. 6. Management reserves the right to excuse any horse at any time due to lameness, unfit condition or overuse with no refund of stabling fee. Class fees will be refunded. 7. Stalls are available on a limited basis, and must be paid in full to reserve. There is no refund on stalls within 10 days of the show date. Stalls must be reserved by calling or texting Aimee Latsch at (248)808-9975.
DO NOT USE THIS FORM AS YOUR STALL RESERVATION.
Please send checks to hold stalls to;
Fox Pointe Equestrian Center
7800 Dixie Hwy
Ira Twp., MI 48023 8. Entries must be received 7 days prior to the show date.
9. All competitors must wear headgear meeting ASTM/SEI standard with harness secured while mounted.
10. Schooling and arrival- Friday you may trailer in anytime after 3pm. Schooling will be held Friday evening from 4pm until 9pm.
11. Professionals may ride judged in the “very green” division only, warm up, and jumpers. In all other events professionals may only ride un-judged.